Was born in Venezuela. She studied music and opera performance in Zurich University of the Arts’ vocal conservatory in Switzerland, under Markus Eiche and Yvonne Naef.
In the 2014-2015 season she made her operatic debut in Die Zauberflöte at the Bern Music Theater in Switzerland as Papagena and the Queen of the Night.
In February 2018 Diomari Montoya was in the Zurich Opera House choir for both Parsifal and Idomeneo, under the direction of Giovanni Antonini and Simone Young. In November 2018 she was a featured soloist of the janissary during the production of Die Entführung aus dem Serail, directed by Riccardo Minasi.
She has performed in guest roles such as Tytania in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Elisa in Il Re Pastore, Ännchen in Der Freischütz, Yniold in Pelléas et Mélisande, and as Serpina in La Serva Padrona.
Diomari’s repertoire includes parts such as Blonde from Die Entführung aus dem Serail, Nanetta from Falstaff, Zerbinnetta from Ariadne auf Naxus, Olympia from Les Contes d’Hoffmann, Adele from Die Fledermaus, Gilda from Rigoletto, Morgana from Alcina, and Oscar from Un Ballo In Mashera.
She has worked with conductors Hans Christoph Bünger, Thomas Blunt, Johanns Schlaefli, Jan Dvoràk, Markus Utz, Darren Hargan, Salvatore Cicero, Dieter Dyk, as well as with playwrights Nigel Lowery, Claudia Blersch, Nina Russi,Roger Lämmli, and Matthias Shönfeld.
Diomari Montoya sings a broad concert repertoire: from Monteverdi, Grandi, and Johann Sebastian Bach to David Fanschawe. She works concurrently as a composer and voice teacher. In her free time she enjoys sports and modern dance.
Diomari Montoya offers individual singing coaching and lessons in comprehensive vocal technique for youths and adults in her own voice studio, diomari.ch in Männedorf.
- Switzerland, 2019. Zurich Opera Choir- Le nozze di Figaro
- Switzerland, 2018. Soloist in Zurich Opera Choir- Die Entführung aus dem Serail
- Switzerland, 2018. Zurich Opera Choir- Idomeneo
- Switzerland, 2018. Zurich Opera Choir- Parsifal
- Switzerland, September 2014-May, 2015. Papagena and the Queen of the Night- Die Zauberflöte
- Switzerland, July 2014. Elisa- Il Re Pastore
- Switzerland, December 2013. Opera Theater in Flagranti- Arias from Rigoletto/Gilda, Pelléas et Mélisande/Yniold, and Midsummer Night’s Dream/Tytania
- Great Britain, July 2013. A Midsummer Night’s Dream/Tytania
- Switzerland, 2013. Schiffbau/Zurich Opera House- Appearance in Ein Stein im Klee.
- Switzerland, May 2013. Freischießen/Ännchen
- Switzerland, 2012. Performance from La Serva Padrona/Serpina
- Switzerland, 2011-present. Various concerts in the canton of Zurich
- Venezuela, 2007. Dido and Aeneas/ second woman
- Switzerland, December 2018. Small organ solo mass, Joseph Haydns
- Switzerland, April 2018. Coronation Mass KV 317, Wolfgang A. Mozart
- Switzerland, March 2018. Johannes-Passion BWV 245, J.S. Bach
- Switzerland, February 2018. Waisenhaus- Mass, Wolfgang A. Mozart
- Spain, January 2017. Exultate, Jubilate KV 165 (158a), Wolfgang A. Mozart
- France, August 2016. Various concerts in Département Gard
- Switzerland, September 2016. B-moll Mass, J.S. Bach
- Switzerland, November 2015. Brevis in “F”, Youth Mass, Joseph Haydn
- Switzerland, September 2015. Messiah HW 56, George F. Handel
- Switzerland, May 2015. The Creation, Joseph Haydn
- Switzerland, April 2015. Johannes-Passion, J.S. Bach
- Switzerland, September 2014. Petite Messe Solennelle, Gioacchino Rossini
- Switzerland, February 2014. Soloist- African Sanctus, David Fanshawe
- Venezuela, 2011. Te Deum, by Anton Bruckner, with the National System of Venezuelan Orchestras
- 2014 – July 2016
Master’s program in Music Performance at Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK), Switzerland
Studied Specialized Music Performance as a soloist under Yvonne Naef.
- 2012 – July 2014
Master of Music Performance at Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK), Switzweland
Studied Opera Music Performance under Markus Eiche, “cum laude”.
- 2006 – 2011
University of the Andes, Venezuela
Studied music and voice under William Alvarado. Graduation project on theater and voice, “cum laude”.
- Switzerland, 2018. Vocal coach of United Voices, Pfarrei Herz Jesu, Wiedikon
- Switzerland, 2018. Children’s Choir leader, St. Peter and Paul, Zurich
- Switzerland, 2015-2017. Voice teacher and course leader of various holiday programs for children and youth
- Switzerland, 2015-2017. Voice teacher in her own voice studio, diomari.ch
- Venezuela, 2009-2011. Student voice teacher, School of Theater,University of the Andes
- Venezuela, 2009-2011. Children’s choral leader, National Orchestra System, Mérida
- Venezuela, 2008-2011. Youth music teacher, Mérida Music school
Other Professional Experience
- Monaco, France, and Holland, 2017. Concert with Carolim and Dioma, traditional Venezuelan songs
- Switzerland, 2016-2017. Soloist and Cantor at St. Peter and Paul Church, Zurich
- Venezuela, 2010. CD Recording: Dioma- “Estrella de la Mañana”
- Holland, 2010. Performance and Concerts, “Estrella de la Mañana”
- Venezuela, 1992-2009. Bayeribrai Vocal Ensemble
- Venezuela, 2001-2007. Merida Chamber Choir member
- Venezuela, 2005-2007. Choir coordinator of FACES, University of the Andes, Venezuela
- Singer for various CD recordings, jingles, and music groups